Google Blogoscoped

Forum

ClickComments

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, June 6, 2007
17 years ago2,708 views

Here is a new thing called ClickComments. Instead of having to type comments and add you name,email and webpage as some sites ask you just click the corrosponding button;Cool Stuff, Inspired Me, Entertaining, Write More, Creative, Insightful, Touched My Heart and Great Find.

Its Demonstrated at my blog http://mysoftwarerecommendations.co.sr .Go and ClickComment and don't forget to email suggestions for articles to me at xuanjames[put at-character here]gmail.com and add me to your google talk and/or orkut (James Xuan)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Interesting concept. Maybe the interface could be optimized, like a Digg drop-drop (with more choices than Digg), as the icons are pretty non-self-explanatory so you gotta hover over them anyway and read the text...

Eytan Buchman [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

As far as I see it, comment systems are really for the readers to add more relevant information. The buttons may lead some readers to click a button and decide that they had already left the equivalent of a comment, losing potential comments you may have gotten.

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Interesting.

I'm with Eytan on this one though, I don't see a benefit in encouraging people to leave the equivalent of one word comments. Slippery slope to buttons for 'first!' and 'Me too!' :)

I think StumbleUpon has got this one pretty spot on. Liked or Disliked – combined with a category (and maybe some tags).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!