Google Blogoscoped

Forum

YouTube Partially Takes Back Interface Changes  (View post)

Amagi Tremper [PersonRank 3]

Friday, June 8, 2007
17 years ago4,049 views

thats pretty cool now i think, the first thing was really very anoying :/

anyways, i think this may work the next time pretty well =)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

(Hmm. YouTube is very slow today.)

J. McNair [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Wow. MUCH better. The biggest problem with the old one was blocking the timeline, volume bar and video while they were playing. The "shrinking" is a much better solution. With this, I would even be cool if the shrinking activated when hovering over the "menu" button, as long as it was ONLY the menu BUTTON.

Now I have only minor nits:
1. The related videos dock* don't load until after the movie begins to play. Click on the menu button BEFORE playing the video when the page first loads and you only see embed and url.

2. They shrink the video a little too much. There is quite a bit of gray padding left unused that could be filled by the video playing. Just looks like some wasted space.

Again, these are minor. Goo-tube wins for acting rapidly on customer feedback, but they take a minor loss for sacrificing usability for eye candy in the first place.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Phillipp

It's been pretty much inaccessible for me the whole day, only started working in the last half hour.

Zim [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I knew it. I KNEW IT! xD
They must set a check button with the caption "Show related videos" or "New style player" in the embedding sector, so you can choose what to use.

J. McNair [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Philipp
Would you like a replacement screenshot of the new changes?
I can give you one.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Eh, MySpace has suggested that users remove YouTube videos from their profiles if they can't access their profiles. This isn't really good for YouTube

I've posted an implication and the message at http://mpwebwizard.com/2007/06/08/youtube-issues-prompt-myspace-suggestion-remove-youtube/

(it's easier than copy+pasting the text and image here!)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!