Google Blogoscoped

Friday, October 16, 2009

Google Editions, a Coming eReader Bookstore?

PC World writes:

Google revealed its intention to launch an online bookstore dubbed Google Editions sometime in early 2010. Google plans to open for business with about 500,000 available titles from a variety of publishers. The new service will provide ebooks in a browser-centric, eReader-agnostic manner that will muddy the eReader water even more than it is today.

According to the article Google Editions is “entirely separate from Google Book Search” and that the service “would pay out 63 percent to the publisher, with Google keeping the other 37 percent”.

[Thanks Juha-Matti and BizAbh!]


Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About


This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!