Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[Meta] Google Reader/ RSS problems?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Friday, June 22, 2007
17 years ago2,792 views

I've heard from someone who's subscribed to the Google Blogoscoped RSS, who since a day or so is always getting a bold link along with a "(1)" for the blog in Google Reader... even though there's not 1 unread message. Is anybody else experiencing this (or knows what could cause it)?

http://blogoscoped.com/files/gb-no-unread-items.jpg

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm not having the issue, but have they tried hitting the "Mark all as read" button? Or try to view all items, and then mark all as read?

If none of that works, maybe something got out of sync for them. I've had occassional issues with duplicated posts or a whole feed showing everything as new again even though it was all read already. But I haven't seen this problem.

Andreas [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

None of that works, the issue is not browser-dependent. Looks like something got out of sync.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Andreas is right, it happens often here :-/

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Here as well, but it goes away after I click on the refresh button. Most of the time.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I don't think it's a problem with the Google Blogoscoped feed. I get this sometimes but closing and re-opening Google Reader usually sorts it out.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I continuelly get this issue. It seems to be caused by me changing my list (All Items, a tag or a specific feed) while the unread items list is updated. I usually just refresh and it's fixed.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!