Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail problem sending message

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Monday, June 25, 2007
17 years ago3,070 views

I just composed a very important email that is over 100 lines long. When i clicked send, only the fist 65 lines went through and now the rest of my email is GONE. Why did this have to happen on this message??? What do i do?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Weird, this never happened here. And why didn't it auto-save while you were typing, so that you would have lost only some lines, but not like 35?
I sometimes copy something to the clipboard before I hit send, by the way, because sometimes the net connection will die down...

Suresh S [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

i found a timer when opening any message in inbox. you can see it in the screenshot
http://ssuresh83.googlepages.com/gmailshowingtimeGTD.JPG

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yeah, i thought this was rather uncommon. Well i happened to be using the new safari beta for Windows, so i'm not sure if auto-save worked at all. But i do know that i did manually click save a few times while composing the message. Either way, once you click send, the saved version is gone. I did not lose the lines, they were lost once i clicked send.

Inferno [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Suresh S: What is that "Show GTD Search" link doing there under the search box? I think u have an extension that is doing something like this...

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'd say Suresh's thing is a GM or browser extention

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I contacted Google about my problem yesterday; when should i expect a response?

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]DPic: Yeah – wouldn't be holding my breath on that one.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

How long do they usually take? this is a really important message

Inferno [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Well I informed them about trouble regarding incoming message rendering and got a personal response saying thanks and we are fixing it something... in just a day! Lucky me, I guess...

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I can only remember like 20 lines out of the like 40 that were missing grrrr

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!