Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Dear Google Reader team, please add basic filters!

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, July 4, 2007
17 years ago3,386 views

I don't want to read another post for the rest of my life that contains the word "iPhone." I also don't care about "steam punk" as BoingBoing is so fond of brainwashing me with, and a myriad of other things. I know there are alternatives – like me switching to using Yahoo! Pipes, but doesn't that sound like a lot of work for such a simple feature?

Thanks for considering this...:)

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm guessing features that focus on the feed item text as apposed to the feed itself will come after Search in Reader – which I found proof they are working on (see http://mpwebwizard.com/2007/05/31/google-reader-updated-hints-at-searching/)

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Does anyone know of a reader that will allow me to filter my news?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

http://www.feedreader.com

Inferno [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

What is Google really trying to do. They are taking it too long for this search feature to come out... Who knows may be they have a big surprise. May be they are going to make it a digg like something...

I can't wait to see what the big thing could be (if there is any)

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Thanks but I don't use Windows.

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

After trying every product I could get my hands on, I ended up switching to NetNewsWire by NewsGator. While it's not free, it seamlessly integrates a web-based feedreader with a desktop reader with a reader for my BlackBerry. Everything is synchronized and it is a very seamless experience. Filtering happens on my Desktop in so-called "Smart Lists."

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!