Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Googler Criticizing Hyped Phone?

Or [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, July 4, 2007
17 years ago3,291 views

http://niniane.blogspot.com/2007/07/playing-it-safe.html

Is Niniane criticizing that phone that everybody is talking about. I thought Google was in partnersphip with the maker of that phone. Seems she believe the blackberry is better. Hey Phillip, what do you have to say about this?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I added a comment at her blog – I believe she wrongly assumes that her blog, and stuff she says in her blog, is in any way comparable to postings made in the "we" or "we at Google" form in an official Google blog. She can bash the iPhone all day but why should that (by itself) ever become a news blog post?

Or [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Phillipp aren't you being a little too serious in your response in her comments. To me, she is being sarcastic. Obviously, everyone from reading that post knows that she does not like the iPhone, and prefer a Blackberry. So. her post would not have prevented a news storm, if there was going to be one.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

She might be sarcastic but she perceives this as a real issue I think, and if so then it needs a proper clarification...

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Or: True, but her post could also been construed as a subtle jab at those who criticized the Google Health post on "Sicko". I think Philipp is fair enough to point out that there's a world of difference between a Googler criticising something on their personal blog, and one who does so on an official Google blog.

mukthar [PersonRank 7]

17 years ago #

Philipp is right,
But I believe she was just trying to get some puiblic attention.

mukthar [PersonRank 7]

17 years ago #

.. and mocking at us the readers like Reto Meier has commented

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!