Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Who Invented AdSense?  (View post)

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

Friday, July 6, 2007
17 years ago5,697 views

In the post, "Fourth Quarter 2003" should presumably say "Fourth Quarter 2002".

Michael Fagan [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

it seems to me that this discussion is missing the fact that adsense was only possible for google thanks to their existing ad system, adwords, which itself was essentially "borrowed" from GoTo (Overture/Yahoo Search Marketing)

Joe Hunkins | Joe Duck [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

First Scooter Libby, now THIS? I hope she does not get a commuted sentence and IMHO Sue's sister's marriage to Mr. Brin should be annulled immediately.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

(Thanks Roger, fixed!)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Valleywag now changed the post without clarifying the edit in the post. I'm not sure how much was changed (I'm posting from a semi working computer from an internet cafe) but here's one thing they changed:

--- Google Cache of old post ---

<<But here's where Wojcicki got caught in a lie. AdSense was not a prototype that Wojcicki developed. Instead, it was a product sold by Applied Semantics, a Santa Monica, Calif. startup. Google acquired the company in 2003 – around the same time Wojcicki told USA Today that she came up with AdSense. Why would Wojcicki make such a bald-faced, easily detected lie?>>

---Post now ---

<<But here's where Wojcicki got caught in a lie. AdSense was not a prototype that Wojcicki developed. Instead, AdSense was the name of a product launched by Applied Semantics, a Santa Monica, Calif. startup, in October 2002. Google launched an AdSense copycat in March 2003, and then acquired Applied Semantics, and with it the AdSense name, one month later. How convenient. Why would Wojcicki make such a bald-faced, easily detected lie?>>

MJ Rich [PersonRank 6]

17 years ago #

Disgusting journalism.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!