Google Blogoscoped

Forum

blogoscoped site search

dave [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, July 17, 2007
16 years ago2,921 views

Can anyone tell me how blogoscoped's site search is implemented – it doesn't seem to be Google Custom Search, or is it?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Google AJAX Search API ;-)

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

It uses the Google Search AJAX API.

> http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxsearch/web.html

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

PS: Right now, I'm stacking two distinct AJAX API search engines on top of each other because for about 25% of the content, Google still indexed blog.outer-court.com instead of blogoscoped.com. Searching through two domains at once would be better suited for the CSE, but as Google starts to index more and more pages under the new domain, that problem should start to dissolve on its own, and then I can remove the secondary search widget...

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Philipp, do you measure the evolution of the number of outer-court's pages still indexed? You could note how fast Google is to replace all old URL by the new ones.
Google seems to be faster than Yahoo! & Live Search.

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Many old street disappeared in my city. Also with my memories.

I think, keep outer-court.com as old street. And do new blogoscoped.com is better. outer-court.com is my memories.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I always love your analogies Hong :)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

> Philipp, do you measure the evolution of the number
> of outer-court's pages still indexed?

Yeah, I did recurring search for [site:blog.outer-court.com] and [site:blogoscoped.com] ever since the move. The rough picture is that that the value changes from 25% on blogoscoped.com and 75% on blog.outer-court.com to 50/50 to now 75% on blogoscoped.com and 25% on blog.outer-court.com. I'm also curious if the next PageRank update will be back to PR7, or be lower...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!