Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Pattern Matching in Google  (View post)

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, July 18, 2007
16 years ago5,056 views

They could do a lot of things you said thanks to Neven Vision technology.
You have good ideas Philipp (twins on orkut is great).

Mapper [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Great idea re-Google Street View...Apparently someone is working on facial recognition software as well for Street View...Scary, huh?

[Signature removed. -Philipp]

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Wonderful. I will use this pattern matching idea. Auto match. auto. Do you research Facebook? A good platform. Maybe can do some apps based on the idea at facebook.

Alex Ksikes [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Google Images Explorer :) I wonder where you got the idea from :))

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I actually described this idea to you before Alex, around over a year ago (not in the context of Google, of course).

Alex Ksikes [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Oh well ideas are in the air, it's almost impossible to know who tought about them first. What matters anyway is to make them real.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Yeah, I agree... and the pattern explorer is a trivial concept other people thought of & implemented before (in slightly different ways), the only problem: how to scale it so it runs fast with many images (and how to store all those images)?

David Sanger [PersonRank 7]

16 years ago #

Google Copyright Search –

For the copyright owner of an image to be able to search for where the image is used on the web to see if the uses are properly licensed.

For a graphic designer to find the provider/owner of an image they like or have seen (or scanned from print) so that they can license and use it.

The service could also read embedded metadata

David Sanger [PersonRank 7]

16 years ago #

see also highend image comparison and web crawling services form

http://ideeinc.com/

and

http://picscout.com

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!