Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Software Awards To Get Backlinks  (View post)

Opaquit [PersonRank 1]

Friday, August 17, 2007
16 years ago3,435 views

I definitely agree with this post. As a desktop programmer I've been looking for some download sites to submit our product and at least 90% of these sites were just rubbish made for AdSense with those weird automatic awards. There are even tons of content management systems for download sites like this, most of them support the you-can't-sumbit-a-program-without-providing-a-back-link feature.

John [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

This would never happen if more software developers used betamarker.com. creating a standard that jpg awards aren't good enough anymore, Beta Marker's system is similar to the digg system but is orriented over software, and adding a little button with the amount of marks this software got is a more reliable way of rating a software.
once enough people use this (and don't get me wrong, "enough" here is quite a lot!), the software owners would work harder on getting more marks then adding more jpg's of phony awards.
that's my opinion anyway....

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!