Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[OT] I need money

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Monday, September 10, 2007
16 years ago7,019 views

Of course don't we all. I'm just trying to make some money for myself so that i can afford my new laptop (or at least part of it) so that my parents don't have to spend so much. I'm 16 years old an i've tried the whole fixing computers thing but i haven't been able to make it very profitable at all. Anybody have any tips or anything?

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Bum. I'm serious. Me and my friend did it for a laugh at an intersection and made €100 between 9 and 12 in the morning.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Wow. Would that work in the states?How would you go about doing that?

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Sh*t! WHY I'm working?!?!!

16 years ago #

Walk around with a sign when alll the cars are stopped at traffic lights.

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

paid blogging.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Write a business plan explaining why you need the computer and why it will help your future success. Give this business plan to your parents to ask them to finance it for you. (I can tell you from personal experience though that this business plan will sometimes be rejected :D)

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Car washing FTW

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

<<Wow. Would that work in the states?How would you go about doing that?>>

You obviously don't watch The Simpsons ;)

Get a job – Some states allow you to work once you're 16 (but limit the maximum number of hours, usually < 20).

I personally suggest Starbucks!

16 years ago #

In ireland you can work under 18 but over 13. Minimum Wage is €6.30 ($8.69) an hour for under 18 or €8.65 ($11.93) for adults

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

:O

The minimum wage for 16-17 year olds is £3.30 ($6.67). The minimum working age varies around the UK, but its usually 13.

16 years ago #

<<:O>>
Is that yawn or OMG?

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I think i'm going to try to get a job at some local computer shop

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I was trying to get a job in a computer shop earlier this year but they told me that I need some "job experiences". FTW.

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Web design is a good job, and you are free-lancer. I did that since I was 15 years old, and it gave me enough money to buy my little things :)

Luka [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

In France you can work when you are 16 but below 18 you must have 10 % fewer time working than regular workers. Employers often allow you to work the same time than other employee but they give you 110% of money.

I think web design is very interesting to make money because it is very fast, and if you are good you can make a lot of money and still have time for entertainment!

But you need a computer to develop websites!

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I've figured it all out now-- http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Give_Me_Money_3
I got bored and decided to do this :P Digg it for me :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!