Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Ron Paul Most Viewed "@Google" Video  (View post)

David T [PersonRank 7]

Friday, October 12, 2007
16 years ago4,761 views

Interesting post on SEOMOZ about if if the Ron Paul Fans Became SEO Savvy!

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/what-if-the-ron-paul-fans-became-seo-savvy

Seth Finkelstein [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Ron Paul is an utter lunatic on the topic of government, a complete fringe extremist. He has a cult following – and I mean that term literally – that accounts for his Internet popularity, because that cult is NOISY.

It means nothing in regards to the US population in general, except as an indication of the paranoias of the net-set.

John K [PersonRank 2]

16 years ago #

Seth's statement, "Ron Paul is an utter lunatic on the topic of government, a complete fringe extremist," implies that George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and the majority in the Constitutional Convention were "lunatics" since they advocated a Constitution that drastically limits the state, and faught against domestic and international intervention.

The angry comment, "He has a cult following – and I mean that term literally – that accounts for his Internet popularity, because that cult is NOISY" is interesting. It would seem that his "followers" are more rational and much less cultish than those of W (or any of the media darlings). Cult followers surrender control to their "leaders". Paul wants to de-imperialify the executive branch, and LIMIT Congress and the Supreme Court.

Check your facts, Seth.

Peter Duveen [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I think what we haven't seen is a "scientific" analysis of these numbers. What is their significance, and why the big spread between internet interest and other poll numbers, which rate Ron Paul at between two and three percent. Such an analysis would do a great deal toward clearing up statements that indicate Paul's supporters create a lot of chatter, etc. We really need to understand this. Hope someone comes forward.

I remember when Alan Keyes polled extremely well after a debate, and the results were more or less quashed after dingbat Bushburger and his neokonistiqua Globwalistika friends complained loudly. Most of those complaining about Ron Paul are likely the wierd-ites who want to restrict the race to a few prepackaged candidates that the media and powers-that-be have chosen long ago.

Let's look into what the relationship is between standard poll numbers and internet activity.

Seth Finkelstein [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Peter, it's no mystery. Ron Paul is the favorite candidate of a certain lunatic fringe that uses the Internet a lot. This didn't start in 2007. They've been forwarding his screeds for years. But they are a tiny, tiny, percentage of the population overall – just very annoying. It's completely understandable.

Warren Silverwood [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

What's worse than an illegal alien? An American citizen unable to recognize Ron Paul's message of freedom.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Small update: Chief Washington Correspondent of CNBC John Harwood says he agrees the CNBC poll shouldn't have been pulled:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/21270546/site/14081545

Peter Duveen [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Seth, I think you present no evidence, no analysis, no insights, just baseless charges that can be of no use in developing a constructive dialogue. It certainly does not service to your own views to present them in such a manner, if indeed there is any other way they can be presented. By the way, in an appearance on Fox News, it came out that Ron Paul is polling at 5 percent in some polls other than internet polls. This number certainly is representative of more than the "tiny, tiny, percentage of the population" you speak of. And then, oh dear, all those millions of dollars that have entered his coffers. Are they all from "fringites?" A wealthy group, they. I am happy with the progress Paul is making, and I support his efforts.

Sunny D [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

He's goofy. The internets lov'im! Here is Ron Paul's issues with solar power and renewable energy:

solarpowerrocks.com/solar-politics/congressman-ron-
pauls-stance-on-solar-power

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!