Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Spam in Inbox

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, November 4, 2007
16 years ago3,448 views

Ok so archived all 4891 emails in my Inbox yesterday and deleted all my spam, to see how much I got in 24 hours.

Today at 19:00 GMT (24 hours later) I had 140 emails in my Spam Box but only 2 spam emails in my inbox.

...And I mean real spam in my inbox, not the kind of stuff you are sick of getting but you singed up for, or Social Networking Invites friends have sent you!...

So, How do you compare?

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I have about 25 spams in the Spam Box every day, and in the past two weeks I've had just one spam in my Inbox and just one non-spam in my Spam Box (but even that was an unwanted message).

It's much better than it used to be.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I agree, I have been with gmail for about 2 years now, and I have never had an email in y spam box that wasn't meant to be there...Of course maybe I just never noticed!

Danny [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Yeah I've also used my gmail for about 3 and a half years and get about 50 spam messages per day and only get spam in my inbox when it forwards from one of my other accounts, once every 2 or three months.
I dont remember getting mail I want in my spam box.

Keith Chan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I do sometimes get emails sent by my teachers there ... maybe many others just hates me and mark it as spam ...

Mysterius [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Just checked my Spam box, and while usually I have nothing but praise for Gmail's spam filtering... I found a Google Earth newsletter there, forwarded from my Comcast account. Wierd, huh?

I don't get much spam in general, though. Maybe I'm just more careful about handing out my email address than you folks. ;)

Avrohom Eliezer Friedman (AEF) [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I used to have a average of 1800 to 2000 messages in my spam folder. That's a bout 60 – 65 a day. I don't recall ever having a real e-mail in my spam folder. I get one or two real spam in my inbox every week. I'm extremely happy with it. After I switched over the company I work for to Google Apps, people were concerned that they weren't getting all the e-mail they used to get. I would then show them the spam folder and ask them if that is what they meant? When they would see that they would be amazed. That was all the E-mails that they were missing. Our previous E-mail system had a very bad spam filter. Needless to say, I looked good after the move to Google Apps.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Twice in the years I have used gmail a "good" mail came into my spam folder (one mail was actually unwanted, but not spam) And probably the same ammount of times spam has gotten into my inbox.

J. McNair [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

My Google account is over 2 years old. I got a false positive on a Real message. Once. Ever. 3 times I got a newsletter or mailing list item in Spam by mistake, easily fixed. All my newsletters now filter to their own folders anyway.

I never need look in my spam folder except to empty it.

I get just under 20 msgs/day in my Spam box on my primary and 40-50 in my other account.

I'm pretty much never leaving GMail until or unless they actually become evil.

J. McNair [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Hey! I got a little icon! Thanks Philipp! *Does a little chair dance*

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!