Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Yahoo! Recording Ip addresses

Jamey Biggs [PersonRank 0]

Thursday, October 13, 2005
18 years ago

Is Yahoo! recording IP addresses now? It looks so, somehow this all comes near to the new rules now associated with Chat Room name bans being lifted pretty soon when Yahoo! feels it's time to bring back the service.
If anyone knows anything more about this or anything dealing with Yahoo! 's new IP notice, please post it. I would really like to know.

kevin [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

hi james,
   Yahoo was recordin my IP add. for nothin,..yeah theyr doingit everytime someone reports them....even when no derogatory statements were made,...only for disagreeing ,....

brian [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

so do you get a notification or something? when you log into chat? thats what i got

ip addy [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

http://news.earthweb.com/xSP/article.php/3556196
http://www.helpbytes.co.uk/index.php

Sha'Tip [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

They are recording ip's for the perves I think...

Me [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

Spammers i also, i would imagine

B-OwN [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

No there not recording them for SpammerS or Pervs haha thats funny you think that...but if you reg go into chat rooms you will notice people being booted or attacked...Yahoo was Hacked 6 months ago... and all there servers were crashed and basically destroyed over all... but FYI Yahoo CAN NOT record peoples IP's unless they have your permission...its a law of the Internet Section 139.62 that was passed by President Clinton...if yahoo really did record your activity they can be sued for Millions and would lose everything... But as for my self I think Yahoo is a Joke and should update there Security

Drifter [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

As of today they are still recording ip's in chat...somebody is. FYI

Support Freedom! [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Websites can record IPs, place cookies, there's no U.S. law on that. But there is a regulation stating U.S. goverrnment websites can't track users, which I believe does date to Bill Clinton. The only cookies allowed on U.S. government sites are for the purposes of counting visits.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!