pokemo [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, November 11, 2007
16 years ago3,558 views

Philipp,

When blogoscoped goes mobile?

Thanks

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Use a good mobile browser, like Opera Mini or Opera Mobile.
http://operamini.com

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Google Blogoscoped uses media-independent HTML (XHTML 1.0 Strict), and thus potentially runs on any media. The special stylesheets served are just for media screen and projection, plus a separate one for print. I can also add a mobile stylesheet as needed, but if none is served, the browser is supposed. A secondary, separate mobile site is not necessary in this case.

OK, that's the theory :) In practice, every mobile browser handles all these things completely different, in non-(W3C)standard ways. If all goes well, like on iPhone, you might be able to use the site as is with the screen stylesheet – fair enough, if iPhone considers its resolution big enough to be a screen, then that's what it can go for. I saw this works quite well too, with you being able to zoom in on some areas. Other browsers on smaller screens should (but unfortunately not always do) pick the appropriately marked up stylesheet...

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Can't you wait till you get home to post? I know it's like an adiction, but you can hold on for some hours.. just enough to sleep and/or go work.

Jared Cherup [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I visit on Opera Mini and the site looks fine. Especially with the newest version of Opera Mini.

Suresh S [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Yes Blogoscoped can be easily accessed from Mobile.Its gives you Table of Contents and prev page,next page.i accessed it thru Sony Ericsson T230 old model.

Rohit Srivastwa [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Works fine on my iPaq

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!