Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail messages coming through 3+ hours late

Jason Clarke [PersonRank 0]

Thursday, November 29, 2007
16 years ago5,051 views

Is anyone else finding that Gmail is receiving messages up to 3 or more hours after they were originally sent? This started affecting my account yesterday afternoon, and it has not yet resolved itself.

photoactive [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Yes, I'm finding the same

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Weird. This morning I saw two obvious spam messages in my inbox: the worst spam filter would've detected them.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I wonder why I still get spam into my spam box... I enabled the filter you talked about before Ionut, which should automatically move spam mail to the trash, but I still always have a couple of spam mails in my spam box.

photoactive [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Update: not all messages are three hours late. But I'm not used to the half-hour delay I'm getting with some.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here](my own message above):
I think all the messages were from gmail.com addresses. This could be the explanation:
http://diggreponsitory.blogspot.com/2007/12/spammers-penetrate-gmail-spam-filters.html

Avrohom Eliezer Friedman (AEF) [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

All I could say is that the number of new messages in my spam box used to sit at around 2000 and now it's at about 500 – and I rarely get spam in my inbox

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!