Google Blogoscoped

Forum

The "Google-Compatible" Hard Disk  (View post)

Dan Elkayam [PersonRank 0]

Friday, November 30, 2007
16 years ago6,853 views

The Google logo's there because the My Book hard drives ship with Google software.

Ljancho [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Maybe Google is going to release an OS soon?

[Signature URL removed – Tony]

Sam [PersonRank 3]

16 years ago #

Agreed with Dan. You can even see near the top of the box, that it includes Google software.

Alex Plank [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

It has that sticker because the hard drive comes with the Google Pack.

Delta Pi [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

that's the long awaited google drive, noobs!

Jakob [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Seen this long ago in a local store. It contains google picasa or something

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

You guys are right, maybe the sticker is just placed in unfortunate ways, right at the compatibility section...

On another note, I had to uninstall quite a bit of Google stuff on this Sony Vaio laptop I'm using. It's not often you consider Google tools to clutter your life but when you have stuff like Google Desktop, Google browser URL redirector, Google Earth (I think?), that's starting to change... wonder what kind of strategic partnerships were behind this.

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I just bought a new Vaio, came with Google Earth, Google Desktop, and
Picasa out of the box.

Paolo Bertona [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

From tech specs of the product:
"....
Free Google™ software — Search your drive, manage your photos, and simplify Web searches with included Google software. Note: Google software is compatible with Windows 2000 and XP only.
..."

nitinpai [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Am I missing something out here. Harddisk is a hardware and Google is in the internet. How in the world are they supposed to be considering compatibility when the question should not arrive in the first place?

Ben Allen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Compatible by able to be indexed by Google Desktop and Picasa.

Sein Lin [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

WD acts like they are "giving away" the already "free" Google software. They rather should give some good back-up software.

Andy Wong [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

What Google software? XP version, or Max OS version ... or all? Just rip of my space of the new hard disk.

Oh, poor Google, you has become such unfortunate religion.

Anthony Magggio [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I think we can expect a GDrive sooner than you might think...

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/11/26/gdrive-the-platypus-awakes-maybe/

Future Converged [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Wow, I am still wondering what does it mean to be Google compatible. Last time I checked Google was a company not a product and even then most of their products are services ... mmm, so it goes the advertisements ...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!