Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Abramovich, Deripaska Eye Google

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, December 9, 2007
16 years ago4,394 views

<<Russian tycoons Roman Abramovich and Oleg Deripaska are making attempts to acquire the world's most successful online search engine Google, local media reported.

Their offer has been set at USD 10 B, according to the online edition Top News.>>

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=88335

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll....

Gee... that was quite a good laugh..

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

10B???

Didn't they like wipe themselves with that last night?

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Only 10 billions?
Please...

Google won't be sold!

Bill Mac [PersonRank 9]

16 years ago #

I can pretty much guarantee that if someone offered me $10 billion for something (even in USD), I would take it, regardless of the actual worth of the thing. ($100 billion organization (or whatever) + huge amount of complications in running said organization) < ($10 billion + no worries). I guess I just settle for things.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Bill
In simple words, you're saying you'd trade a whole lot more than 10B dollars, for 10B dollars, just to get worries off your back.
Well, i bet 10B dollars the media or the press won't leave you for at least a whole year, just for getting an interview with the most craziest man in the world, who gave up his entire fortune (and yes, Google is certainly a fortune) for just 10B dollars..

;)

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

hm, is this story in the Mainstream Media? Because there are lots of visits on our article at the gwb....

George R [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=Goog

Market Cap (intraday): 223.64B
Enterprise Value (9-Dec-07): 210.55B
Revenue (ttm): 14.97B
Net Income Avl to Common (ttm): 4.03B
Total Cash (mrq): 13.09B

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

> I can pretty much guarantee that if someone offered
> me $10 billion for something (even in USD), I would take it,
> regardless of the actual worth of the thing.

There was a popular Hollywood movie about that subject starring Demi Moore and Robert Redfort. The prize was only 1 million though :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!