Google Blogoscoped

Forum

More Monsters of the Programming World  (View post)

scjm [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, December 12, 2007
16 years ago5,663 views

Wow Philipp you're really artistic. Did you hand draw these or was it a tablet or a mouse or what?

Suresh S [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Another excellent work!! . Thanks Phillip .Also potray a character on Buffer Overflow.

Kartikeya Agate [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Pretty good consolidation, illustration and naming – I liked the posts and have circulated it in my company. Thanks! :-)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Those are paper doodles which were then scanned and colorized on the computer... thanks guys :)

dmatej [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Great. I hope it will force some programmers to read something about antipatterns ... :)

Eric [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Thank you for putting this on CafePress! It'll be adorning my cubicle by Chirstmas. At last I can finally say, "How badly do you want a bunch of dependency rabbits roaming around?" without getting blank stares.

16 years ago #

Would be neat to get a photo of your cubicle iwhen you put this up Eric (and also tell us about the quality of the poster print...).

Freiddie [PersonRank 7]

16 years ago #

Now I get it. Nice!

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

WOAH! There's been a Blogoscoped store on CafePress since 2005??!?? I didn't know about this until you posted the link on the bottom of this post!

Do you make a significant amount of money from it? Why don't you link to it somewhere obvious?

16 years ago #

> Do you make a significant amount of money from it? Why don't you link to it somewhere obvious?

Nope, not really. Depending on how things go I may lose money from the store, since I pay a premium account for it to be able to customize the store template and upload as many products as I want. But I did sell some items through it in the past, it's not that it didn't ever make money. My first/ main goal would be to cover the costs I'm paying to Cafepress.

I did have it linked from the sidebar for a while in the old design, and sometimes in the past put in an an advertisement in the AdSense section, but not too many items were sold, so I slightly scrapped the idea. But I still kinda like to be able to customize stuff like shirts or mugs, it's fun. Maybe if I add more new items I can bring back the link somewhere in the navigation.

Here's the shop page for reference:
http://blogoscoped.com/shop/

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

1. Do some hi-res versions of Programming Monsters
2. Turn it into a Cafe Press calendar
3. Get it picked up by Digg an SlashDot
4. Profit!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!