Google Blogoscoped

Forum

whats the scoop on grandcentral ?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, December 19, 2007
16 years ago3,112 views

anyone heard chatter with Grandcentral ?? they were acquired by Googs in july/07.. after all goog's did bid for spectrum space and also the gphone gadget in the pipeline..

so what the overall strategy with grandcentral ?? and when do we see a new product ?? Will project CARE be morphed into the next killer app ??

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

what's project care?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

one central collection point for msg's (phone, email etc etc) like for life long!!

www.grandcentral.com/about/projectcare/

GoogleTrader [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

That's not Project Care at all. The project is to give phone numbers and voicemail boxes to homeless people so that they can have a way to get in touch with people.

tarman [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I use Grand Central. It's pretty sweet. It allows me to have one number ring to all my phones. The part I like is if I don't want the person calling me again, I log into the web page, select their number and choose to block them. They then get a message that the number is no longer in service.

i've got 2 invites left – if you want one, msg me tarman (at) gmail

Jared Cherup [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I know speculation is that GrandCentral will be targeted for Apps. But my hope is that it will be fully integrated with GMail for one ultimate communication hub.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!