Google Blogoscoped

Forum

MSN Book Search Coming?  (View post)

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, October 26, 2005
18 years ago

This highights a significant difference between google and ms. Google almost _never_ announces anything in advance; google talk, reader, gmail's new features--all just appeared one day without warning. MS likes to build hype about something for years before anything actually happens. as a result, they inevitably have to have delays and get bad press from it. Think about it; when has Google ever been "behind schedule" on something?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

100% agreed. I was actually hesistant to even post this "news", because it's too much of a marketing ploy. "Hey, let's announce we release Internet Explorer 7 with a special focus on security, as that's what's making Firefox hot right now in public opinion." That's why I put a question mark at the end of the post's title; for now, it's nothing but a rumor something might be available from MS in 2006.

Kyle [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

That's the difference between rumors about google and rumors about m$. Google never has any problem with getting rumors to spread about their upcoming products; just look at google base, google calendar, and google wallet/payments. Micro$oft, on the other hand, has to start their rumors themselves, probably because people aren't interested enough to explore the subdomains of their site looking for new products.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Kyle, that's exactly the reason why I've not set my script to sniff out subdomains on msn.com / microsoft.com; because nobody's really that interested...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!