Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Adding Meta-Data to Yahoo Search  (View post)

Casey Carpenter [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, February 26, 2008
16 years ago3,713 views

I would hope that sites would have to hit certain metrics, CTR for example, for this to kick in. This will be tough but they don't have too much to lose at this point and hopefully they can integrate this successfully and start to regain all the market share they lost over the years.

On a side note, if the natural search results provide superior information why would anyone click on their side ads? if this is successful that is probably a good problem to have.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[moved from new thread]

Interesting comment from the link

"Why should I do all this extra work to make your search engine better? A large enough portion of my day already goes to dealing with the differences between all you guys.

Every other SE out there is working on doing this kind of thing automatically. Interesting idea, but I'll pass."
   By Sahar Sarid

Veky [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

OMG. What happened to "don't show different content to users and to search engines"?? True, that rule never seemed to be really strongly enforced, but now they seem to _encourage_ such behaviour. Why? What do you want more: good looking SERPs, or good looking landing pages?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!