Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Live.com Layout refresh

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, May 6, 2008
16 years ago4,054 views

Microsoft has launched a new layout for http://www.live.com/. What do you think?, the previous layout was just from September last year.

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

What's new. Last time I used live was in last July :D

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Good one :-):-)

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Looks nice, as did the old one, but I'll say what I said last time, the homepage looks like its a different theme to the search results, I'd prefer a consistant UI.

Secondly, the results are not to my liking, whether they are more accurate or not I'm not sure, but for me, they don't ever provide what I'm looking for.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Wow, I clicked the Personalised Page to access my existing Personalised Page, and I'm taken to the old layout. And the "More" dropdown has a "See all..." link and thats it. What good is that?

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

does anyone USE live? Ever hear someone say, "Oh just Live it for the address." (Or, Yahoo Search It for that matter, tho I think results for Yahoo Search and Google are comparable.)

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Lots of people use live Brinkie!!! Like all tose clever people who have vista and never changed their homepage from MSN or their default search from Live in IE7

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Can someone make a screenshot?
All live.com sites are blocked here, at work...

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Brinke
I expect there's a few Anti-Google protesters and M$FT Fanbois that use it.
Although admittedly everyone I know says "Google it"

[put at-character here]TOMHTML
http://cheesemonger32.googlepages.com/Screenshot-LiveSearch-MozillaFirefox.png

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I bet there are lots of people who search for google in the default IE7 search (possibly live) and then do their real search on google itself.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]James:
I think Google is well known worldwide, and many people know it's the best search engine, so once people get Live by default, they'll type in their address bar google.com and make it as their homepage.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Average user : "Where is this fucking 'Search' button???"

Phil Bradley [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I've blogged a bit about this – most particularly on why the new design is going to fail, at http://philbradley.typepad.com/phil_bradleys_weblog/2008/05/live-searchs-ne.html

It's a poor imitation of Google and as such won't appeal to anyone. Moreover, the design forces people to think in the way in which the designers want or expect people to think, which is never a good idea.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!