Google Blogoscoped

Forum

On YouTube's Scientology Channel  (View post)

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, May 8, 2008
16 years ago17,057 views

They Joined: September 19, 2006

Alexey Matveichev [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

"...Bunker was about to post 3 hours of additional interviews with Bunker when his account was deleted..."
You mean Beghe?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Did you know the Church of Scientology is officially considered as a religion in Spain?
I've watched a show about that on TV two days ago. The journalist is interviewing an former member:
- Do you think Scientology is a sect?
- I don't think so. It's a easy-cash enterprise, a big marketing firm. All they want is your money.

Mark Bunker [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I've written about my YouTube channel on my blog.

http://xenutv.wordpress.com/2008/04/19/my-youtube-account/

http://xenutv.wordpress.com/2008/04/25/new-home-at-vimeo/

I don't expect YouTube to turn away the cash cow of Scientology and ban them from their service the way they banned me.

YouTube will allow Scientology to say it was a subsidiary or a file clerk who opened the canceled account and not the same corporate entity as the paid channel but that is just crap.

But like everyone else, YouTube will let them get away with it.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Love your website Mark, spend lots of time there!

Scott [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

"Did you know the Church of Scientology is officially considered as a religion in Spain?"

I hear that "jedi" was a religion on Great Britain...

Jack Hynes [PersonRank 6]

16 years ago #

I believe cults are banned in France and therefore the Church of Scientology has been banned from operating from within the country (not entirely sure if this is true). Here in Britain lots of people decided to put 'jedi' as their religion on the 2001 census after hearing that if 10,000+ people write a certain religion in the "Other" box then it will be included in the next census as an option. It was later found to be a hoax.

DavidT [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Interesting post and interesting discussion. If the Church of Scientology had their first account banned, it's unfair that through money they've been able to have such a huge influence on getting that guys account banned and getting inbound links to their website.

FreddieMac [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

So is it as simple as it seems?

Scientology offers more money than bunker and therefore gets away with a "re-instated" account and paid channel while bunker sits and watches?

What else could bunker bring to the table?

Besides contacting anonymous, I can think of a few ways to attack (although underhandedly) them.

If there is a way to attack or terrorize them shouldnt that step be taken by a third party due to the fack that bunker is (of course) under suspicion from scientology?

How hard would it be to use thier own techniques against them and brainwash some idiots into doing your bidding and attacking them??

just topics of discssion, not tryin to get a 1 on 1 with the FBI

Satan [PersonRank 6]

16 years ago #

Jack Hynes : "I believe cults are banned in France and therefore the Church of Scientology has been banned from operating from within the country (not entirely sure if this is true)."

No, the Church of Scientology remains active here in France, but they are under some amount of scrutiny. I was handed a Scientology flyer last year by someone near Odéon in Paris. When I turned around to yell at the person who handed it to me, they were gone. Must have used some Xenu magic to disappear.

"Laïcité" (the secular, religion blind state) is important in France, but I fear that sometimes it makes it more difficult to deal with cults. Regardless, everyone knows that Satan is the true God, right guys?

BobD [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Maybe there are now some "top level managers" at Google who have joined the cult.

Anti-Scientology [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Scientology is nothing but a scam, and everyone who is a part of it should kill themslves. you're all [attack removed]

Mysterius [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

This sounds very wrong. I'd very much like to hear YouTube issue a statement trying to explain this.

Max [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I wouldn't be surprised if Google is taking money from Scientology. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if someone in Google's higher ups is involved with them.

FreddieMac [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Lol, forcing a statement wouldnt get you anywhere.

as i said, brainwashing and cyber terrorism are the way they do it, so it would make sense that someone did it to them.

Anonymous [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I see wut u did ther, Satan.

Yeah, uh.
Double standard much?

Oh well. They WILL be helping with the Net Neutrality issues, and from what I've seen, the Church is in its death throes already, so the general overall trouble they cause will soon end also.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[moved from "Anti-Scientology crusader vaporized from YouTube", it kinda fits in here. -Philipp]

Youtube removes anti Scientology channel

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/24/mark_bunker_you_tube_account_axed/

pault107 [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Umm, I read the article (good article by the way), scrolled down and the first ad was for scientology.org

WTF?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Hmm. That's an AdSense. Perhaps they're targeting every page talking about Scientology?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!