Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Live Messenger blocks links to YouTube.com

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, May 10, 2008
16 years ago4,358 views

Live Messenger blocks links to YouTube.com. I've tested it and it doesn't work. Links to local version like YouTube.nl are working fine.

Source: http://www.istartedsomething.com/20080510/windows-live-messenger-blocks-wwwyoutubecom/

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

And i thought it's just me!!!

Thank you!

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Youtube, Googlepages too.
Why? Because of "Messenger TV", lanched recently.

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

If Google Talk includes custom emoticons and/or those nifty things soon, it would be the final move to the G domination.
I think people don't try other things different than WLM because they don't want to learn/implement a new "human protocol" for the same thing they can already do with what they know; but if the program they know starts to behave badly, it's the perfect moment to make them switch.

16 years ago #

What nifty things? :|

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

It appears to be working now

<<the message packets are in fact sent to the Messenger servers (so it’s not being blocked at your client)>>

So even if you where using a 3rd party client (Meebo, Pidgin etc.) it would still block it? Evil c***s!!!

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Youtube links work now
but googlepages.com links are still blocked.

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

googlepages.com links are working too

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Fixed:
http://tinyurl.com/5lsgoa

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

"This entire process for Messenger is managed by a 3rd party that is a Microsoft partner"
Which one?

16 years ago #

'bout time..

Stupid software...!
(Yet, i'll still use it.. :P)

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]David: With nifty things I meant custom emoticons, "atractive" skin, webcam capabilities, text colors, and those things.
I know they are not important (hey, ICQ was an ugly thing and we used it; it worked for what we needed!) but people looks for those things. They don't care if the software is crap as long as it looks good.

And we use it because we need to communicate with that kind of human beings.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!