Google Blogoscoped

Forum

New data on Google Maps and Google Earth?

Eugene Villar [PersonRank 5]

Saturday, May 31, 2008
16 years ago2,696 views

I'm seeing a ton of new GeoEye satellite imagery in both Google Maps and Google Earth. That probably explains why I could not get any satellite imagery in the Satellite view of Google Maps a few hours ago: they were updating their data!

This is interesting because I have never heard of Google sourcing their satellite imagery from GeoEye before--they've been getting their data from DigitalGlobe for years now. It should be noted that both Yahoo! and Microsoft get their satellite imagery from GeoEye.

tom flynn [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Its looking good for geoeye but the act like a secret agency i know there management or all x goverment spooks but geoy is a public company they need to get there act together or go private mabye thats what they want on the cheap or a cheap buyout with big management making all the $$.
They need to be more public with there news or the shorts win again 3 million short .

tom flynn [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

How wants to buy a 1 billion $$$ business for $500 million with $250 million in back orders buy geoeye

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!