Google Blogoscoped

Forum

LinksHog.com spam?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, July 15, 2008
16 years ago2,811 views

Just received this link sales mail, which wasn't addressed to me by name and included the typical "opt out of this subscription by replying"... even though I never subscribed in the first place:

<<I was looking at websites under the keyword Mobile Games and came across your website http://www.gamesforthebrain.com. I see that you're not ranked on the first page of Google for a Mobile Games search.

I'm not sure if you're aware of why you're ranked this low but more importantly how easily correctable this is.

There's no reason you can't have a top three ranking for the keyword Mobile Games based on your site structure and content. You have a very nice site.

You need significantly more one way anchor text backlinks. If you're interested I can help you with this...

I'm talking about getting you ranked for ALL your keywords. Adding new backlinks on a steady and consistent basis from high PR quality websites is what produces the rankings you are looking for http://www.gamesforthebrain.com.

The right kind of links are very critical in getting top ranking....and I can hand deliver these quality links to you.

My partners and I own 1000's websites and offer private linking to hundreds of website owners just like yourself.

I didn't send this email out to very many people but I am currently reaching out to a list of your "keyword competitors" as well. But I do favor your website because I can see your website monetizing the targeted website traffic the keyword Mobile Games can deliver.

I have your contact information and phone number. Is it ok if I give you a call?

I have a very simple way to prove that what I do works and it's risk free for you to try. Nothing beats seeing the results with your own eyes

Is it ok if I give you a call? I would love to pursue this further over the phone with you or should I go somewhere else?

Sincerely,

Adam Ross
[phone number]
www.linkshog.com>>

Looking at the Links Hog homepage, I can see they got a PageRank 0... and their homepage can't even be found when entering [links hog].

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I'm sure even Google or Yahoo got the same mail.
You could return the email to sender...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!