Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail Time operators (?)

guillaume [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, July 23, 2008
15 years ago3,923 views

hi all,

Apple Mail.app enables me to create smart mailboxes and I use them to filter messages by date (emails received Today, This Week, This Month) Can I do that with Gmail (using Saved Searches for example) ?

Thank you

Ianf [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Yes, only in Gmail it is done via "filters." Create a new filter rule to cathegorize, flag and/or process each incoming (or already resident) message, and you're done. It's the equivalent of searching the mailbox manually using advanced operators (link to which has been listed recently below the msg list), same as performing search with e.g. "is:read to:me after:2008/7/21 before:2008/7/24" in the search field – which will list all read mails adressed explictly to you (i.e. no group items sent to you via Bcc) in the last day. Only when wrapped up in a filter you can decide what to do with such messages automagically....

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I don't think that's what guillaume wants. That filter would only filter email received from July 21 to July 24.

If you save this link:
http://mail.google.com/mail/#advanced-search/within=1d&date=today

It will return all mail within one day of today whenever you visit it. You can add it as a "Quick Link" (one of the Labs features of Gmail) for easier access. Similarly, you can edit the dropdown box to get mail within three days, one week, two weeks, etc etc, each with a corresponding URI.

shady [PersonRank 3]

15 years ago #

How do I create a link to get all contacts that have not been put into a group yet?

Guillaume [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Well I do hope we'll be able to do that in the future cause right now this is the only thing preventing me from using the web interface. Being able to filter email message by week really is a time saver

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!