Google Blogoscoped

Forum

FeedBurner Integrated with Google Accounts

Amit Agarwal [PersonRank 3]

Friday, August 1, 2008
15 years ago7,960 views

You can now login to FeedBurner using your Google Account.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

No I can't. Are you sure you're not just one of the selected publishers?

http://blogs.feedburner.com/feedburner/archives/2008/04/movin_on_up.php

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

The mashable feed was moved to http://feedproxy.google.com/mashable

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/08/02/one-year-later-feedburner-gains-google-server-power/

Amit Agarwal [PersonRank 3]

15 years ago #

Tony go to feedburner.google.com

15 years ago #

Amit, that's what I did. And I still get "Invalid Request" after trying to sign in.

<< New! We are in the process of migrating publishers to Google Accounts. In the meantime, your feeds will continue to work normally. >>

It's obviously still being rolled out.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I get an invalid request as well but at least they're finally rolling this out. How many services are waiting to be Google-ized?
   * Feedburner
   * GrandCentral
   * Zingku
   * Jaiku
   * Dodgeball
Need to be merged with existing services:
   * Omnisio
   * Panoramio
Will these two ever be?:
   * YouTube
   * Orkut

Let's not forget Measuremap (wasn't that supposed to finally be out in July?)

And other services they haven't yet put to good use
   * Neven vision
   * Marratech videoconferencing

and IMHO these could suck a lot less:
   * Google Page Creator
   * Google Sites

Did i forget anything else?

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

<<New! We are in the process of migrating publishers to Google Accounts. In the meantime, your feeds will continue to work normally.>> Google added this lines about 3 weeks ago.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Dodgeball is pretty much a dead project at the moment, but it does have the same level of integration with Google Accounts as YouTube. Who knows, maybe Google is working on a brand new version that will merge with Zingku that will be integrated into Android?

A new version of GrandCentral (that will presumably run on the Google platform) is in development at the moment.

Panoramio is probably better left alone, like YouTube. Although at the moment, it is down for me, so maybe it needs moving to the Google platform. Maybe the service will be merged with Picasa Web Albums and Neven vision to form some sort of super Google Photos product will prevail?

Also, Neven vision could be used in Google Image Search to add more things like the searching for faces feature.

Google said Marratech was used internally if my memory serves me right, so it might never be released. Having said that, it would be nice to see Google Talk get some features added for once.

YouTube could be moved onto the Google platform, but I doubt Google will change it too much. It's far to popular to mess with. Google Sites will probably get better over time, quite a few important updates have already been rolled out.

To me, Google Page Creater is a bit pointless now that we have Google Sites (two products with overlapping features).

Orkut was developed in house, wasn't it?

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

orkut was developed as a 20 % project by Orkut Büyükkökten

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Forget something: I talked some weeks ago to one of Panoramio about the integration into Google accouts. He told me it will be possible some time in 2008 ;)

DPic [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

<<Dodgeball is pretty much a dead project at the moment, but it does have the same level of integration with Google Accounts as YouTube. Who knows, maybe Google is working on a brand new version that will merge with Zingku that will be integrated into Android?>>
Yeah they've been ignoring it since they acquired it but hopefully they're merge it with Zingku and Jaiku

<<A new version of GrandCentral (that will presumably run on the Google platform) is in development at the moment.>>
Yeah, and i'd love to see THIS integrated with android! GandCentral has so much potential with VoIP and so much more. They posted a while ago about readying a new release but nothings come up since!

<<Panoramio is probably better left alone, like YouTube. Although at the moment, it is down for me, so maybe it needs moving to the Google platform. Maybe the service will be merged with Picasa Web Albums and Neven vision to form some sort of super Google Photos product will prevail?>>
Weren't they only leaving YouTube alone for one year after the acquisition? I'd actually love to see them redesign it-- i think it's a little heavy and un-googly. If they did it right they wouldn't be scaring anyone away. As for Neven vision, the possibilities for that are endless...but we've barely seen them do anything with it: basically just the search faces only feature you mentioned.

<<Google said Marratech was used internally if my memory serves me right, so it might never be released. Having said that, it would be nice to see Google Talk get some features added for once.>>
Yeah, that sounds familiar to me too. Oh well. I actually hate Google Talk. I mean i love the service, but i hate the client. I much prefer an open source program like Empathy or Pidgin (actually i'm starting to hate Pidgin but i prefer it to anything else)

<<To me, Google Page Creater is a bit pointless now that we have Google Sites (two products with overlapping features). >>
Me too, i'm glad to hear they're discontinuing it.

<<Orkut was developed in house, wasn't it?>>
Yes, as hebet already confirmed. I actually meant for that to be on the list of things that could suck a lot less. Seriously, Facebook out-Googles Orkut!

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

On the dashboard of feedbuner.com:
"My Feeds are finally out on tour"

All feeds have no 0 subscribers

15 years ago #

Hebbet, Ionut saw that a few days ago but also got a JSP exception:

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/3443/myfeedsjp8.png

Via: http://friendfeed.com/e/b22ddc23-718e-4847-8eca-1ade104189a0/My-feeds-are-finally-out-on-tour/

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

More and more feedburner feeds are redirected to http://feedproxy.google.com/ right now.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I noticed that too and it once again broke my lazy feed reader (I'm just using PHP's XML parser with some tweaks to convert Atom to old-school-RSS, or the other way round.) Odd that Google's blogs have so unstable RSS feed URLs.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Is this it? http://www.google.com/support/feedburner/bin/answer.py?answer=99648&hl=en

I got that link from the adsense for feeds thing

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!