Google Blogoscoped

Forum

CBS Series On YouTube USA  (View post)

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, October 11, 2008
15 years ago3,800 views

That error message 'This video is not available in your country.' generated outside of USA confirmed when trying from Finland.

D. Pirch [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Apparently Youtube is doing this kind of geo-discrimination for while now, there are a few reports on the help forums.

From http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=83766: "The policies can be region-specific, so a content owner can allow a particular piece of material in one country and block the material in another."

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I hope YouTube starts to compete against Hulu.com with more full episode shows being available. It would be a great to be able to stream these shows to my Apple TV through the YouTube feature.

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I tried pulling up the CBS full episodes on my Apple TV and they aren't available yet. It would be interesting to see if they do become available and how long it takes before they are searchable by anyone owning an Apple TV.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Try http://www.hidemyass.com to see the videos outside US.

Razvan Antonescu [PersonRank 2]

15 years ago #

Hmm don't know if this is new but I've just seen that Showtime channel is giving full Californications show with pre and post video advertising. Available also in Romania so I guess is available everywhere
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEjrpuLdoLI

[fixed URL]

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Cool, the tip hidemyass.com works perfectly, i can watch the video, even in full screen from the replaced player. The Theater View doesn't work.

Disappointed [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Yay, legal stuff on youtube.

But not in my country

YAY: I STILL HAVE USENET <3 720p.HDTV

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!