Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Changes on gmail contacts

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, October 21, 2008
15 years ago2,892 views

>>After hearing consistent feedback that you wanted more control over your contacts, we've changed the way Gmail suggests contacts to you. Up to this point, if you emailed someone five times, we'd automatically move them into My Contacts. Now, we'll no longer automatically add contacts to your My Contacts group. Instead, you can go to Suggested Contacts, select the contacts you'd like and move them into My Contacts. All of your contacts – whether they're in My Contacts or Suggested Contacts – will continue to show in auto-complete as you're composing messages.<<

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/OfficialGmailBlog/~3/427691645/more-changes-to-gmail-contact-manager.html

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[Moved from "Gmail blue borders around cells?" ~ hebbet]

In other Gmail news,

More changes to Gmail contact manager

"After hearing consistent feedback that you wanted more control over your contacts, we've changed the way Gmail suggests contacts to you. Up to this point, if you emailed someone five times, we'd automatically move them into My Contacts. Now, we'll no longer automatically add contacts to your My Contacts group. Instead, you can go to Suggested Contacts, select the contacts you'd like and move them into My Contacts. All of your contacts – whether they're in My Contacts or Suggested Contacts – will continue to show in auto-complete as you're composing messages."

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/more-changes-to-gmail-contact-manager.html

DPic [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

When will we have the ability to merge contacts? When will grandcentral contacts be merged with gmail-- seems like this should've been done before android was released.

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I too would love to be able to merge contacts. I don't understand why this hasn't been done yet.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!