Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Windows Local is Live  (View post)

David Jensen [PersonRank 1]

Friday, December 9, 2005
18 years ago

I was able to get my see previous house in Lexington, Kentucky, in Birds Eye View. It was very easy to get lost while rotating the view, but then I discovered pushpins.

I was also able to find an amusement park in Ohio that I used to go to (King's Island). Cedar Point is covered also.

The Navigation works better in IE. One thing I would like to be able to do is drag the edges of the Bird's Eye View images towards the middle of the browser window. The UI can block the edges of the image.

Kyle [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Aside from the birds eye views, which google earth comes pretty close to only with their 3d buildings (available for more cities), I think google maps is better. The interface feels slower, and in Firefox you cant click and drag; you have to click, move the mouse, release, move the mouse to move the picture, then click again to release it. Hardly intuitive. And google maps has zoom effects too; click and drag the slider.

jon [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

all that true by that 360 effect is mind blowing.
do you know what that means, they had to lend a helicapter or something and take severeal diffrent high resolution photos from diffrent angles. i think that feature is the one thing that makes this diffrent and uniq from google map or google earth for that matter.

GamingFox [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

First Google Trucks... next Google Choppers! :-D

Andrew Hitchcock [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Wow... I really love the 360 degree views. It is so high resolution and I can practically see in my window! Yikes.

18 years ago #

Baseball game in progress:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=47.591571~-122.332685&style=o&lvl=2&scene=3703340

These pictures are very recent (it seems like they are from this summer).

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Interesting that you can even see the cars... I wonder if one day a crime is solved using these tools. "Your alibi doesn't hold up, we can see your yellow car here in Windows Local..."

18 years ago #

Here is Paul Allen's house:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=47.54432~-122.235302&style=o&lvl=1&scene=3696558&sp=aN.47.544458_-122.235350_Paul%20Allen%27s%20House_Like%20this%20whole%20screen%20is%20all%20Paul%20Allen.

Justin Pfister [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Since I've been using Windows, everyone told me.. Microsoft took that from Apple.. I wonder in 5-10 years if i'll be telling children that Microsoft took search from Google ;).. Microsoft is run by some smarties, both technically and business minded.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!