New Youtube toolbar  (View post)

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, December 4, 2008
15 years ago4,060 views

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/618/toolbarag9.png

[Typo in title fixed – Tony]

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Wow.... it looks like YouTube is undergoing some serious changes... It's ugly though=)

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I bet YouTube is not finished with the design yet. "Videos being watched right now..." still needs to be properly resized or better removed, because it's written in flash.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

There are the search bar displayed by default on embedded videos now... :-/

Above 4 comments were made in the forum before this was blogged,

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I like it, seems more... clean, to be honest, in my opinion. makes it seem like a lot less is going on, and I never realized how much could be fixed with such a small change.

It looks very nice with the wider video format, but I think the YouTube commenting feature still needs a major overhaul...

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Now it is easier possible to embed a video in a different size

15 years ago #

Also, new sidebar:

http://bayimg.com/image/damfgaabe.jpg

Video's from this User doesn't show thumbnails anymore, and the video length is displayed on the thumbnail. The views and other info is now also displayed alongside in a different layout, and maybe the thumbnails are bigger too?

15 years ago #

<<Video's from this User doesn't show thumbnails anymore>>

Thats because he only has 1 video...

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

http://www.labnol.org/internet/embed-youtube-vidoes-in-widescreen-format/5806/

"Google has added some new options in YouTube that makes it easy for you to embed YouTube videos that are available in Widescreen 16:9 format. You can access these new options by clicking the customize icon next to the embed code as in the screenshot."

"And for regular videos on YouTube that aren’t available in the Widescreen format, you are no longer limited to the default 425×355 dimensions for embedding as there’re a couple of new player size choices available like 640×505 and 320×265. Hat tip Stagueve.".

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

The search bar inside embedded Youtube player is now hidden by default, then it is displayed when your mouse pass over the player.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Translated from the latest YouTube blog post, written in... Portuguese:

http://www.youtube.com/blog?entry=AljPPJgAJMw

<< Index of change

The Player:

- The YouTube player is bigger now: with 640x360 (16:9 ratio).
- Videos as a standard, at a ratio of 4:3, will be between tracks, meaning they will be centralized in the player with two black bands on either side.

Page Layout:

- The YouTube now has 960px wide (from the previous 875px) in the Watch, Home, Search and Browse.
- The page Watch DL (right side) is now 300px against 360px – the ads are better!
- Banners from the "Watch Video" ("banners of the partners) to scale down its 300x45, preserving their share.

Ads in Player:

- Ads on YouTube Inviolability are centralized in the player.
- Ads Graphics "AFV" are also centralized in the player.
- Ads from Text "AFV" were "staged" to the width of the player.

Areas without changes

- The channels have not yet been staged in wide format. (But soon will be!)

Enjoy the changes! >>

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

640x360 is quarter of HDTV which is 1280x720. Seems a sensible resolution to support. It's also the resolution of the latest two Nokia smartphones announced – the 5800 and the N97.

Cookie Lee [PersonRank 9]

15 years ago #

The search bar in video is just annoying. Who will need it when you ARE watching videos?

15 years ago #

My camera is that resolution when shooting in video mode.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Like the related videos, the search bar is a way to continue using the player, watch more videos (and see more ads). I agree that it's annoying, but probably many people are leaving the player before the video ends and they don't know about the menu. YouTube's player will become a mini-YouTube with links to popular/featured videos.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!