Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Coming Soon to Gmail: Automatic Vacation Responses and More  (View post)

Utills [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, December 14, 2005
18 years ago

"Check the box next to 'Only send a response to people in my Contacts' if you don't want everyone who emails you to know that you're away from your mail."

From this you can limit it to only those people you know...which means that if spam does get through it won't send an auto-response to them.

Barnaby Capel-Dunn [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

Surprised that nobody has commented on the rumour (rumor) that Google is going to buy up/has already bought up Opera. Any news?

Will [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Both features are now available from my Gmail account.

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

[put at-character here]Will: Screenshots?

Will [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I'm assuming I can't post them here directly. Here's a link to a web page with some bad graphics. I haven't yet used either feature. With groups, you apparently select your users first and click Group.

http://www.ukhoopsfans.com/google/google.html

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

can we get a REPLY button at the top of the Gmail window instead of just at the bottom?

that's the only improvement I need.

tho I wish it would quit reformatting my signature.

Myroslav Opyr [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I have the feature as well. However I had to reload my GMail for them to function properly. GMail usually reloads itself in the case it has some code updates. However it was not this time.

Andrew Hitchcock [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Cool... I have the feature now too (they don't seem to have announced it yet). When you want to send to a group, you can just type it into the address field:

http://andrewhitchcock.org/images/gmail-groups-contacts.png

When you hit enter, it expands it, putting all e-mail addresses from that group into the field.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I've got it too.

how long has Gmail been in beta now? seems ages, maybe it will come out after they add the calendar.

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Gmail has been in beta since April 1st 2004

And yay, i got the new features now too.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

wow, thats ages! any idea what the longest in-beta google product is?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!