Google Blogoscoped

Forum

YouTube on Your TV  (View post)

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, January 15, 2009
15 years ago6,558 views

Have you ever wanted to just sit on your couch and watch YouTube on your TV? Well, now that's possible via YouTube for Television, initially available through the Sony PS3 and Nintendo Wii game consoles at www.youtube.com/tv. Currently in beta, the TV Website offers a dynamic, lean-back, 10-foot television viewing experience through a streamlined interface that enables you to discover, watch and share YouTube videos on any TV screen with just a few quick clicks of your remote control. With enlarged text and simplified navigation, it makes watching YouTube on your TV as easy and intuitive as possible. Optional auto-play capability enables users to view related videos sequentially, emulating a traditional television experience. The TV Website is available internationally across 22 geographies and in over 12 languages.

http://youtube.com/blog?entry=sDFlZe7FwJI

Above 1 comments were made in the forum before this was blogged,

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Does it default to 720p if available?

15 years ago #

BTW to change useragent in Safari just quit the app (Cmd-Q), Open terminal and paste in " defaults write com.apple.safari IncludeDebugMenu 1" without the quotes, then relaunch Safari.

There is now a new "Develop" menu item where you can change the UserAgent by selecting Develop>UserAgent>Other

15 years ago #

Sorry to triple post, but the resolution is terrible. Worse than Low Quality YouTube. Disappointing...

mrbene [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

A bit more complex to use, but able to modify all headers (including User Agent), is Modify Headers (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/967). I highly recommend it.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

The quality really is kinda dissapointing, and the colours are kinda anti-google like... why couldn't they just make a white/blue google like theme, would have been much greater in my opinion at least.

15 years ago #

Regarding White, I think, if you are at home with the lights off, like when you are watching a movie the white would be really bright all of the time. The dark colours help you focus on the videos, or at least, thats what I think they were going for.

DARKFiB3R [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Quality is awful, will not be using :(

Mauricio Zanetti [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Hi there, we have this service in our Social Network website for more than 2 years now... www.populy.tv (the main website is www.populy.com). Seems like deja vu...

Please keep doing this excelent job!

Mauricio Zanetti
Inter.net

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!