Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Themes coming to Google Apps Mail

Todd Vierling [PersonRank 1]

Thursday, January 29, 2009
15 years ago7,988 views

In my Google Apps Standard Edition account this evening, Gmail for my domain sudeenly switched to the themed version (using the "Default" theme). As of this writing, there's no Themes page in the settings, and stranger yet, not all accounts at my domain are showing this behavior; only the "oldest" one has it.

I'm guessing this will be announced shortly once it works generally and theme selection works. But in any case, a lot of folks will be happy to know that themes are coming to Apps accounts Real Soon Now.

15 years ago #

Screen snap of Gmail themes enabled in my Apps mail account: http://www.duh.org/test/gmail-apps-themes.png

Still no Themes settings page as of this writing, so it is probably in a phased rollout stage. Hopefully this isn't just a fluke; of all the accounts on that domain, only my personal one, which was the first one created, has this change so far.

15 years ago #

Yep, definitely being rolled out now. The themed variant just showed up in two other of my Apps accounts (on different domains, one of which is fairly new). Now once there's a way to choose a theme, all will be well.

matt leo [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

hey i just wanted to say that have recently switched everything over to gmail and started to use google. it is so nice to have the ease of use that they provide. also with the help of the friend that got me set up with google i have been able to publish my own website www.mattleopainting.com

thank you google!

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I can confirm that I've got this theme in my Google Apps account too but that the Themes settings page doesn't work yet.

Alex Langeveld [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I also can confirm that I've got this theme in my Google Apps account too but that the Themes settings page doesn't work yet.

Tiago Espinha [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Same here.

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Sometime in the past 1/2 hour it hit my main account.... I don't really like their default theme so I'm anxious for the control panel.

Kirby Witmer [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I've got it as well. I can't wait to change the theme though..

Arie [PersonRank 3]

15 years ago #

Yes, I see it too now (as of today).. I found it to faster, more snappy..
It will be nice to modify themes...

Rob King [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Yup, showing up here now too. I check the Settings page each day hoping for the Themes tab to show up. I expect they're wanting to see if the default theme breaks anything before unleashing the full set of themes.

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I'm still waiting for my old Google Apps Gmail accounts to be switched to new version. Seems every new Google Apps i open up for a client has the Labs features except that of my own business Google Apps account.

Rob King [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Something's afoot. The buttons (Archive, Report Spam, Delete etc.) along the top and bottom of my Google Apps mail have changed style.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8827/captureab6.png

[Image URL fixed – Tony]

KMB [PersonRank 7]

15 years ago #

http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com/2009/02/folders-and-labels-best-of-both-worlds.html

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!