Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Custom AdSense Fonts  (View post)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Friday, February 20, 2009
15 years ago4,716 views

You can now customize the font for AdSense units, but there aren't many options: Verdana (the default font), Arial and Times (New Roman).

http://adsense.blogspot.com/2009/02/fontastic-new-options-for-your-ad-units.html

Above 1 comments were made in the forum before this was blogged,

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

No Comic sans MS?
:'(

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I think Verdana is still the best choice, irrespective of the font you use for a site. The text is more legible and it looks better.

Google's default font setting is sometimes Arial and sometimes Verdana. Here's an example from a 468x60 ad:
font-family:verdana,arial,sans-serif;
and an example from a 300x250 ad:
font-family:arial,sans-serif;

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I agree with Ionut on the veranda choice, it looks much better than the others, at least at that small font size.

Also "non-serif" sans serif?

Dan [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

TAHOMA please google

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Ewww, yuk, I hate Tahoma! How abouts we get some Helvetica :)

doug [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Schmelvetica – haven't we all had enough of that in the last millennium? Let's have it in Hobo Outline Itals or Matisse Shadow Inverted, we might as well. C'mon you typo guys, get into gear, let's see some now-ness in the suggestions. I'd be happy enough with a reworking of Eric Gill's timeless masterpiece, in all its varietal glory, why not.
By the way, if you're near Morecambe call in at the newly renovated Midland Hotel at the end of the prom. It has some superb Eric Gill original work in its re-decorated murals and a ceiling painting to remind you of Michelangelo. His warts-and-all letterforms on the mural map (you can get a close-up) are delightful. Go on!
Me, I'm going back to bed.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!