Google Blogoscoped

Forum

A Day in the Brain Crime Tract  (View post)

Varun [PersonRank 3]

Monday, April 6, 2009
15 years ago4,634 views

Whoa. What a story. Contemporary and on the lines of 'Once, there was a command line'

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Holy Shi-!

That was amazing, I loved every word, it's a great take on our society and what it is becoming!

Thanks for this!

Axl K. [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

WOW!!!!!

Ianf [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Too benevolent to be brave! new! wordish! for me. Holographic scenery with muted soundtrack on non-desert island – come on! Brain mass mashed to a pulp in some cultured-massbrain vat with inserted electrodes in a Whitehall/ equiv. basement more like it ;-))

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

The ownership of our brains started long before the internet. You can learn a copyright song "by heart" (really should be "by brain"), but you're not allowed to sing in public what's in your own head, without paying money to other people.

QWERTYUIP FGHJKLZXCVBNM 1234567890 [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

PART 2
I DEMAND A PART 2
OTHERWISE I SHALL CALL 911 AND SAY THAT YOU ARE MURDERING SOMEONE AND EATING AT KFC.
I TYPE IN ALL CAPS, THEREFORE YOU MUST WRITE PART 2

P.S

WHY IS THE WORD A S D F WITHOUT SPACE BLOCKED?

Ianf [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Roger's "you're not allowed to sing in public what's in your own head"

Of course you are, provided you first sign a contract and prepay the agreed-upon remuneration for the performance of content-in-question in public space to the rights-holding party or -parties. And the derivative percentage of any dividents resulting therein.

SocialStream [PersonRank 7]

15 years ago #

Marvellous Storry Phillipp :) that was Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to hav a sequel

Jacopo [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Good story, thanks

Elihu [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Funny, just read this:

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/04/06/new-technology-to-one-day-record-your-dreams-read-your-minds/

Norman Creaney [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Very amusing story. I have quoted it in my knol, here:

http://knol.google.com/k/-/-/1hzaxtdr9c09g/33#

I hope you don't mind.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Roger: It was your reply which really made this story special... now I suddenly kind of wonder whether copyright is really so rightful. (The statement you made wasn't that new for me, but in the perspective of this story it suddenly made sense). Ah well... what I really wanted to say is: thx for that comment.

Great story overall... it wouldn't be a bad idea to start some subsection/other blog where these stories would be categorized (and continued).

Udo [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

That was very depressing, in an awesome kind of way!!!

mrbene [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Reminds me of Samuel Beckett's "Endgame". In terms of setting, and of using absurdity to mock reality.

jenjen [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Wow these two got off easy. I personally am in my own mental prison being forced to watch a 24/7 holographic view of Times Square billboards at night. I was convicted of singing "la la la la la la" while pick-up truck and lite beer ads were broadcast into my brain. I have been further sentenced to have my larynx nerve-blocked as it was found to serve as ad-circumvention technology. They decided my tongue itself was neutral. Lucky me.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!