Google Blogoscoped

Forum

DiggBar Pages and Google  (View post)

David Eaves [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, April 11, 2009
15 years ago4,250 views

If digg are adding no index to the pages, doesn't that mean that the linked sites get no link love whatsoever?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Who care about SEO? With your website on the front page of Digg you will get dozens of thousands of visitors. Even the best SEO ever can't do that.

Ryan [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Tom, have you ever been linked on Digg? I've had about 15 sites (not counting blog articles) there in the last year along.

Digg users do NOT click ads, buy stuff, or even leave comments on your own blog articles. The only major value of getting on Digg was that in the next few days you'd see lots of traffic coming from the hundreds of smaller sites that also linked to you. This traffic clicked adds at a slightly higher rate, but the SEO benefit was huge.

Now that users can't even see my real URL, there's no SEO benefit.

I'm surely not going to complain about being on Digg anymore – if it happens great – but I'm not going to do anything special to try to get there, as now the only thing being on Digg will do for me is increase my bandwith with the slight chance that I might make an extra $0.30 from ads.

Paul Benjamin [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

What is the official way to disable the toolbar on each page? I email the "report a bug" and raised hell and they turned off on my account but if Iogged out the toolbar is back.

I can't find the setting they used to turn it off in my profile. Why don't they just expose the switch in users profiles and turn it off by default. I thought that Kevin Rose knew better than to put other peoples content in a frame and slap his logo on other people's content.

Michael Martinez [PersonRank 5]

15 years ago #

About.com and other Web sites (including Google Images) have been doing this for years.

You guys are stirring up a lot of dust over nothing.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Update to the DiggBar's behavior (thanks James!):
http://blog.digg.com/?p=664

Kris darby [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

trying to work on my LABLES section, I removed lables that I didn't want to and now can't find them, can anyone help?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!