Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Song Search Engine  (View post)

sirj [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, April 11, 2009
15 years ago5,491 views

Just like pandora, this one is completely flawed. I searched 4 specific songs and artists, and it turned up nothing. These flaws disappoint greatly.

Eric Jensen [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

It works fine for me. It crashed once when trying to show a youtube videa, but after that it worked fine (I avoided videos).

j biggs [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

i get no audio. busted. cool concept though.

daniel [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

i advice to you, www.fizy.com
it's not perfect but not bad.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

It worked well for me.

But I think it's not right to call it a song search engine, because it's not searching for songs that happen to be on the web.

Instead, it's an online music player, streaming music and videos from an assembled catalogue for which they've licensed the rights and are paying royalties.

Because they pay money for each song they stream, you can be sure that once it comes out of beta it will be monetized.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

It seems to be using the results from http://www.seeqpod.com/search/ , which is a music search engine.

SocialStream [PersonRank 7]

15 years ago #

i Found Muziic.com is better for me or plane old BitTorent search suitable for me

Adys [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

It also seems to use YouTube. Searching for "Code Monkey" returns dozens of yt results.

Big flash fail though. Totally unlinkable results, and so horribly, horribly slow.

MarWi [PersonRank 3]

15 years ago #

I like the fact that it's in-browser, but Spotify is much better as a free music tool

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I'm with MarWi. Spotify is a good choice for anyone in a country where it's available (Sweden, Norway, Finland, the UK, France and Spain according to the website).

Admittedly you do have to register and download software (on Windows only the exe file is needed so it's portable). Playlists are saved to your account so you can access them wherever you sign in. Unfortunately there isn't yet a native Linux client but it works fine in Wine.

Yeah theres adverts... but it's only once every ~10 songs and less than 20 seconds long, a lot less than you'd get on commercial radio

farouk [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

am looking for a song i saw some years ago on tv all i remeber is the scene of a bold tatooed man standing on the beach and singing the song was in german there were also scenes from the outer space the song seemed to be sad

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!