Google Blogoscoped

Forum

No, I did NOT mean ...

Kevin P. [PersonRank 1]

Friday, April 17, 2009
15 years ago3,444 views

Julissa Brisman was a recent murder victim of what several media outlets is calling a "Craigslist killer." Her name is all over the news. If you search Google Web for her name, you see the following right at the top:

Sponsored Link
Melissa Brisman, Esq.
www.ReproductiveLawyer.com Become a surrogate mother Give the gift of life & earn income
Did you mean: Melissa Brisman

On Google Images:

Did you mean: Melissa Brisman

On Google News:

News results
Results 1 – 4 of about 352 for Julissa Brisman. (0.08 seconds)

Did you mean to search for: Melissa Brisman

On the right-hand side of Google News: Melissa Brisman, Esq.
Become a surrogate mother
Give the gift of life & earn income
www.ReproductiveLawyer.com

Very, VERY annoying. Please, Google, give us the option of turning this nonsense off. Nobody likes a stupid computer.

Ianf [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

When I search for aforementioned Julissa Brisman <http://google.com/search?q=%22Julissa%20Brisman%22> I don't get ANY sponsored links, nor sidebar suggestions for any other Brisman, either person, nor company. Nothing else in fact. Most certainly because I'm in a different locality, far from American shores where this happened, and where the AdWords were purchased for (not in Europe, my location undisclosed on purpose). I had to send myself mail with tthat name in the subject to elicit any ads from Gmail.

Strangely enough, they were from several countries, in different languages, and without any visible common denominator among them. For the record here they are (with slight semantic/ spelling changes in order not to affect their subsequent rankings; also no such domains):

Sponsored Links

Estudio la fe Quintana
Temas críticos sobre fe Quintana libros impresos. libros-E gratuitos
www.bjoldlife.org

Ära och bedrövelse
Finns dessa galenskaper också hos dig? Spela online nu
www.taksuro.se

Klaus Schulze Multze
The official KS merch shop Shirts, longsleeves and more...
www.multzeshirts.de

Mp3
Relájate y mira un Video! Y mucho más. Sin registro
4ahh.com/Video

Mp3 التحميل
Relax and Watch a Video! 100% Free
peepno.com/Video

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!