Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google to Limit Resolution of Israeal Maps?  (View post)

Askrra [PersonRank 1]

Monday, December 26, 2005
18 years ago

The resolution for Jerusalem is maybe at best 5km I have problems reconizeing the 2-3km campus of the hebrew Uni Har Hazofim.

Rubber duck [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Israeal? Israel ;)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Thanks Rubber duck, fixed...

Nilch [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Even India seems have raised issues with full details showing the Indian Parliament and Presint residence and all such sensitive location – particularly in contect of the recent terrorist attack on the Indian Parliament in New Delhi. Google maybe is in talk with the Indian govt. too on this.

But at this rate everyone will want protections frm Google Earth. Isnt this counter to the whole freedom of viewing the earth as is ?

Derrick [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Good Move, Google.

As a response to the person above, the only group of people that need such high resolution of Israel are terrorists. anybody else doesn't really care.

Huy [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I thought that commercial satellite imagery of Israel was already limited in resolution by US law? I suppose Google could have gotten imagery from other providers, but I was sure that the companies they purchased from had limited Israeli resolution.

JV [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Ofcourse, everyone canno ask protection from viewing earth as it is. But discrimination should not be there, if you show some, show all :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!