Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google SearchWiki goes local

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, April 28, 2009
15 years ago3,111 views

Hebbet is reporting that SearchWiki is now available on Google.de. I just noticed that SearchWiki is also available on Google.nl. So Google is rolling it out on local versions?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Google.fr since sunday or monday too.

And still no way to disable it. I would pay to disable it.

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Yes that is an option that i'm missing to. Although I’m not using SearchWiki I'm using Google.com for a while now but I don't find it annoying in the serach results.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

To be honest, I don't even notice it's there anymore...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I sometimes notice it because I accidentally click on one of the icons. Otherwise I completely stopped using it in any way (the x, the upvoting, the commenting). I guess if it would have "real-er" effects – for instance, bombing a whole domain out of my results for some time, independent of the query (expertsexchange.com etc.) – maybe I'd use it from time to time... as it is, it somehow feels like wasted effort.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I often navigate on SERPs with my keyboard, and now there are one or two more "tabs" to do to switch result. And as Philipp sometimes I click on them accidentally.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!