Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Lets Improve GMAIL

tcm [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, June 24, 2009
15 years ago3,269 views

I have used Google mail since it was available however frustrated using the product. My mail just get clogged up with more and more mail that I want to throw out however I cannot do a simple sort of all mail like I can with Yahoo.

You end up with a lot of common trash that you just want to delete. You have to put a search name for each item you want to delete. On Yahoo just press sort and all data within a folder is sorted and easy to remove multiple entries without the need to search again.

Also with Outlook you can create folders inside folders. You cannot create label and sub-labels. For instance you may want a label for friends but would like one of those friends to have their own label because of the volume of mail.

google like to dictate whats available but have been unable to find any method of providing feedback

Surly Teabag [PersonRank 2]

15 years ago #

>You end up with a lot of common trash that you just want to delete.

Possible answers: a) Archive it. If it's already archived, ignore it. b) I'm not sure what you want to sort on, but if you can come up with a way of doing it through a search, you can save that search under the default Gmail version through the Labs "Quick Links" feature which sets up a sidebar

folders-in-folders:
You can apply multiple labels to the same e-mail. Mail from Friend A could be labelled "friends" and "Friend A" and whatever else is relevant.
Or you could use the Quick Links feature if you want "Friend X" labels to be in a different box. (In this case, they would be saved searches for "from:friendA".)

You could also just pull all of your Gmail to your preferred desktop e-mail program.

One way of providing feedback would be to use the Gmail Suggestions form:

https://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_suggest/

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Looks like gmail needs a PNG fix in IE6.
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1797/image002biw.jpg

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Looks like IE6 needs a PNG fix for everything.

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]James
Yeah, I was looking at the new youtube channels thing, it's totally screwed up in IE6

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!