Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Sketchory IPhone App  (View post)

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

Friday, August 21, 2009
14 years ago4,571 views

Just wondering, but does it feature ads or in what way was it worth making for ConcentricSky, as mobile screens tend to be – in my opinion – far too small for ads.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Yep, there is an ad at the bottom. I don't know exactly what ad system this is but can forward your question. By the way, right now the ad revenues go to ConcentricSky only, but should the ad revenues of this app ever reach a certain threshold, we would also start to get a share.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Wow this so cool, I'll get it later this evening, I loved the sketchory website apart from the fact that my sketches sucked.

It is available in the Irish iTunes Store, right?

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

AHHH TYPO ALERT TYPO ALERT

It's iPhone, not IPhone /fanboy

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

It would be better if there was a back button, or if you could scroll side to side to see next / previous images. Also, parts of the image can be slightly obscured by the bottom bar (including the Sketchory.com watermark) and if you move it up slightly so you can see what was written / drawn, you lose the image as it loads the next one.

Overall, it's a pretty good way to browse the sketches though.

BTW, here's a direct link to the app which will open in iTunes on the iPhone or on your PC / Mac if you have it installed:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=326881646&mt=8

Charles [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

Re Tony: If you move the image up to see what's under the banner, you can move it back down towards being in the center again and it should re-center itself.

Berrit [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

I love little free apps like this. Thanks!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

> and if you move it up slightly so you can see
> what was written / drawn, you lose the image
> as it loads the next one.

Oh, we had several iterations trying to get this right, but because of a misunderstanding that took a while to figure out*, let's see if we might still be needing a final revision! (*The misunderstanding was about us trying to ease the flicking process while the actual issue was that the old image re-centered because the new one didn't load yet, and there was no loading bar at the time to make us realize our error!)

> BTW, here's a direct link to the app

That was exactly the link I was looking for earlier today, included at Sketchory now, thanks!

> or if you could scroll side to side to see next / previous images.

We'll ponder this... makes sense I think to have some back function by pushing into the old direction.

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Nice. I'll browse some sketches while commuting – it's more creative than games, and it changes from ordinary Web surfing.

Ben Allen [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

"A couple of friends and _I_..."

How about an android app? :(

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!