Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Blogger Sued by Sozialgericht Bremen for Appearing in Google  (View post)

Malte Diedrich [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, January 3, 2006
18 years ago

He hasn't been sued, he just received a letter of complaint.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I would also suggest that he read up fthe ollowing for clues points.. I jad scratch pad these type of communication for just the same reasons :)-

http://peterdawson.blogspot.com/2005/04/fw-taubmansucks-soars-into-blogosphere.html

Jörg [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

... and a threat to bring an action against him, if he won't delete the title of the posting.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

heres another primer on the full discovery process in case some one falls into the same boat!!

http://peterdawson.typepad.com/blog/2005/03/freedom_pact.html

Harald [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Your description of the events contains a few factual errors. Among them:

- Björn was not sued

- The letter is not a C&D ("Abmahnung"), it is a request. Formulated in an impolite, arrogant tone, citing non-applicable law to threaten and to force Björn into changing the article

- Björn originally removed the "offending" words, but just after a few hours he decided to put them back. That was already days ago.

- A Sozialgericht is not "some government law institution". It is a court of law for dealing with cases in the area of German social services (health insurance, public pension insurance, public accident insurance, social services, disabilities, wellfare, unemployment payment, etc.). I am actually surprised that someone living here hoesn't know that particular cort of law, and doesn't know that we have a separation between courts of law and the government.

Sebastian [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Censorship is sooo 1933.

PLUS EINS [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

After further escalation – some german magazins reported this story – seems, this trouble should be decided by senator of justice of the city Bremen. I think, he will understand this like a joke, congratulate the director of Sozialgericht Bremen for getting her new internet know how and put it in the waste. On the other hand, maybe would it not bad, if we will get a decision by law in favour of shopblogger. Then we will have peace in the future.
Frank

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Malte, thanks for the catch. I changed the title from "Blogger sued..." to "Blogger threatened to be sued..."

> A Sozialgericht is not "some government
> law institution". It is a court of law
> for dealing with cases in the area
> of German social services

Changed!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Post script: the name of the director of the Sozialgericht in question is Renate Holst, age 55. She's being mentioned in a Focus article (Focus is a German mainstream news publication).
http://focus.msn.de/hps/fol/newsausgabe/newsausgabe.htm?id=23243

john [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Short meaningless quips are sooo 200*.

Don [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Something similar happened to a forum member at head-fi.org who used the handle "Kevlar". DuPont sent out its lawyers to make him change his handle because his posts were ranking high on google searches and somehow DuPont felt threatened by a guy talking about headphones.

There are too many company lawyers looking for someone to sue or otherwise prove their worth.

google bombing... [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

google bombing is not a crime. As a matter of fact, it rocks.

Done [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Yeah, and why the heck don't you correct this spreading of illegal misrepresentations? You have smelled too much emotional air instead of publishing the simple truth. Solidarity yes, but not by lies and fakes. Awful. And you want to become an A-list-blogger? Forget it.

Or do you wait for the counterstatements by the Social Court of Bremen because of your bullshit-report? Or do you think, you are allowed to publish such fakes by hiding your imprint although everybody is able to check out the whois of outer-court.com? Or do you think, if you publish a lie, that I should really believe your other articles? Come on. Do keep ring hollow.

Done.

Michael Martinez [PersonRank 5]

18 years ago #

Link text? Dude, you need to learn what actually works with Google. They're on to more than just links.

Palpitt [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

http://palpitt.free.fr/index.php?2006/01/07/24-sozialgericht-bremen-la-blogosphere-contre-attaque

this case in the french blogosphere ;)

Esteis [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Dear Mr. Lensser,

You changed the article's title, but forgot the page title (the one in the browser titlebar).

Also, I think it kind of stupid of you to incite to googlebombing, making the internet a (marginally, admittedly,) worse place. Yes I know that you wrote that people shouldn't googlebomb. I also recognise intentional irony when I see it --- else, why would you link to the SB yourself in that same line?

Cheers,

Esteis

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!