TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, October 15, 2009
14 years ago4,240 views

I don't see it yet in my Google Account but I've found that here:
http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=162744

You will know ALL data Google has about you:
<<
Privacy Concerns: About the Dashboard

We created the Dashboard to help you answer the question: 'What information does Google have about me?' Organized by product, the page displays product-specific data that's associated with your Google Account. (There are some other types of data Google stores that aren't listed on the Dashboard.) Let's look at the Gmail section as an example of how each section is laid out:

Web History section
   1. Service name
   The name of the Google product or service.
   2. Data
   Summary of the data stored by the product, including the amount of data, an indication whether the data is shared with anyone else, and recent examples. Clicking a link will take you directly to a product page where you can view more details and manage this data.
   3. Control
   Direct links to pages where you can control the data for this product.
   4. More info
   Links to relevant help articles and information pages.
>>

Can you find the link?

Fr [PersonRank 3]

14 years ago #

Nop, but it sounds awesome and totally in their current mood of "Data Liberation".

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

There's a broken image in that page leading to:
http://www/~softness/accounts_162744_data_summary_annotated_gmail_example_en.gif

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Is seems this privacy dashboard was being pondered by Google a couple of years ago:

<< Peter Fleischer about this yesterday, when talking to him about the Privacy International survey.

“We’re thinking hard internally along the digital dashboard-type of approach. Is there a way to give users a dashboard and visibility to all these elements and give them control,” he said. “It would be hugely complicated to build, but in terms of that vision, I completely share it, and we’re having deep discussions about it.” >>

http://searchengineland.com/google-responds-to-eu-cutting-raw-log-retention-time-reconsidering-cookie-expiration-11443

jeremy [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

Yep like Fr said, really in the Data Liberation mood. Seems great!

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Sounds awesome. Good way to make cloud computing "transparent": let's call that "cirrus cloud computing" :)

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Sounds brilliant. Do you think it will be released soon?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

An insider at Google just told me Yes, it will. And it will be integrated into Google Accounts via a link.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Looking forward to it!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!