Switzerland takes Google to court

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

Friday, November 13, 2009
14 years ago2,226 views

BBC's article at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8358908.stm

14 years ago #

"Web search giant Google faces a court case in Switzerland because of privacy concerns over its Street View service.

The application allows a 360-degree view of any street-level location.

"Numerous faces and vehicle number plates are not made sufficiently unrecognisable," said data protection commissioner Hanspeter Thuer.

Google said it was disappointed by the move. The firm says it is sure that Street View is legal in Switzerland and will "vigorously contest" the case.
...."

What a surprise...

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

In fact, Switzerland has no problem with Google. The only problem's name is Hanspeter Thuer.
This just just want to be famous. Suing Google is a great way to do that.

14 years ago #

I believe that you aren't alone with your thoughts...

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

This guy is responsible for all questions about privacy in its country.
Currently there are big problems with Swiss bank accounts because some names are given to other countries (France, ...). But does Hanspeter Thür cares about? No.
On its official website, you can see there is no press release about something else than Google Street View since June.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Moreover, he is bad at calculation.
I've written an article about this story and the problem with that guy; it's in French but Google Translate isn't so bad that time so I think you will understand what I've said.
http://www.zorgloob.com/2009/11/google-street-view-devant-la-justice.asp

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!