Google Blogoscoped

Forum

what has happened to google

TTOM [PersonRank 1]

Saturday, November 14, 2009
14 years ago3,313 views

I cant even use google anymore, for years it has been the only search i used but now it is all redirects and pop ups, not to mention auto redirect to german, to bad its over

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

maybe you have a virus

TTOM [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

lol, what you mean, google has the problem have you searched there in last few days, try it lol

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Google is perfectly fine, its definitely your computer or network. There are quite a number of viruses affecting google based sites (and other top sites).

TTOM [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

no its not, google now fwds google.com to http://www.google.de/ and is now a german company after redirect you must choose to get back to .com for english

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

i have search today about 50 times and it works fine

BizAbh [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

enter this in the Browser

google.com/ncr and tell me what will happen . i think this will solve ur prob if its the virus prob .

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

> no its not, google now fwds google.com
> to google.de/ and is now a german company

That could be normal – Google has domains for almost every country. But if you get any pop-ups wen accessing Google you've got a virus for sure. Look into this. Really. Back up your data and reinstall Windows.

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Or first run antivirus / anti spyware software. If that works it's a lot quicker then reinstalling Windows.

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I also want to use the .com version instead of the French local Google.fr. To do so, I just have to click "google.com in english" once from the homepage *and to keep my cookies*.

I guess you're clearing your cookies times from time to time, which forces Google to redirect you to google.de. Every other search engine redirects you to their local version if they can't retrieve your preferences from a cookie (i.e whatever your browser default language is).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!